Tuesday, January 06, 2015

Lil' Eliza Jane

 A niece!  The sweetest thing.
Born "on Christmas Day in the mor-ning". For realz.
Sweet Eliza Jane, named for my sister.

 Here she is, three days old.
Erik and Ashley are smitten. (Of course!)
I can't stop smiling whenever I see her.

 She was a breech baby until 39 weeks. Un-un-un-un.
Then she was posterior. Un-un-un-un.
Then Ash pushed for 5 hours after laboring on and off for three days. 
UN-UN-UN-UN. (Lil' Eliza's head was at an odd angle.) (She had a tilted conehead.)
In the end Ash feels good about her birth, and I'm so glad.

One week old, lips pursed.
"It is amazing how fast they change." But seriously.
I thought she looked more like Ash this time,
though when she opened her eyes I saw Erik.
I can hardly wait to smooch and snuggle her come March!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Ugh! And now she's almost one! I hate the Christmas countdowns everywhere because they're all reminders that her birthday is coming soon.

These photos... My little heart can hardly handle them. I'm especially fond of the close-up of the three of us. Look at that babe!

It IS amazing how fast they change.

And how much they stay the same.

My Little Eliza Jane.